This post may contain affiliate links and if you click on one of our links we may earn a small commission at no cost to you. As a participant of the Amazon affiliate program we will also earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Homemade Free Sheet Metal Brake Plans
Aluminum Bending Brake Plans
- Plans include 2 different designs.
- Bend up to 24 ga & thicker on shorter bends.
- Designs given are working specifications and can be varied to your liking.
- Folding leaf design.
- Design No. 2 permits partial tab and reverse bends.
- Design 1 bending width about 12
- Design 2 bending 18-24
Simplify your Metal Working projects with these Bending Brake Plans!
These Metal Bending Brake Plans are very versatile, simple plans built out of wood hardwood, or softwood faced with metal. 2 different bending brake plans are included.
Free Metal Brake Plans Specifications
• Work capacity of both brakes is about 12 in.
• No. 2 design will work satisfactorily up to about 18-24 in.
• No.1 brake will not handle metal thicker than 24 ga. • No. 2 Brake will work 22 ga. material.
• Both will handle much thicker metal if the bend is short.
Dimensions given are working specifications and can be varied. The second set of plans which are somewhat a little more difficult to make offers stronger construction but permits partial (tab) and reverse bends which are not possible with design No.1. Both designs are of folding leaf variety.