10 Best Table Saw Fences: Aftermarket, Accuracy, Accessories
Choosing the best table saw application is a must if you want to improve your accuracy and safety when working on various projects. Whether you’re an amateur or a professional, table saw fences are the central power tool for woodworking. These ensure your accuracy is on point every time and those important straight edges are perfect.
We’ve all been there when we’ve been trying to saw a piece of wood only for the saw to jar in your hands leaving an uneven edge along with your cut. Thankfully, table saw fences combat this problem with special designs to ensure your project is completed to the best standard each time.
Best Table Saw Fence Systems
It can be difficult to find the right table saw for your needs. That is why we have gone through hundreds of table saws on the market today and come up with 10 of the best. We will study their features, pros, and cons so you can make a well-informed final decision on which one is best for your requirements.
Our Favorite Table Saw Fence
1 | Delta 36-T30T3 Fence System
For a top-quality, yet affordable table saw fence, the Delta 36-T30T3 Fence System is one of the best. This is one of the most recommended table saw fences by DIY experts with excellent features and specifications.
Unlike regular heavy fences, this Delta fence is very easy to move and securely fix into position. Once in its correct position, the lock refuses to give away, even if you have to cut several boards. This means you can tackle bigger jobs in confidence.
You can utilize the railing on each side of the saw blade to get that perfect straight cut. The inclusion of a measuring tape along its entire table length makes it easier to cut exact measurements for certain projects.
This Delta fence system can be adjusted with a pair of screws in case your table saw doesn’t exactly fit the fence. Although this should fit many saws, it is best with Delta saw models.
- Solid construction – Can support large amounts of wood for easy cutting
- Securely maps to the front tube – This adds versatility to the fence for different sized projects
- Has a mounting design – Able to attach to different Delta saws such as a contractor saw, hybrid saw, and Unisaw models
- May not be compatible with all saws – Certain saws may not fit so ensure yours is the right size to work with
Runner-Up Table Saw Fence
2 | Shop Fox W2005 Classic Fence with Standard Rails
If you have a task coming up which requires smoother woodcutting, the Shop Fox W2005 Table Saw Fence could be ideal for you. Even if you have heavy wood cutting projects in store, this fence has an ergonomic design with a high rip capacity to make your project fit.
The workability of this model is excellent. Finding a table saw fence that is supported by multiple-sized tables can be difficult. Thankfully, the Shop Fox fence is longer than many of its competitors measuring around 42-inches. It allows a maximum rip capacity of around 25-inches to the right edge of the blade which is ideal for cutting many projects easily.
You should be able to use many table saw types thanks to this fence’s dynamic railing system. You won’t have to use both hands either as a secure cam-lock system allows you to operate this fence single-handedly for easy yet safe use.
- Very accurate – You will get the most perfect straight cuts with this fence
- Maximum support – Its wide right-angle design gives you and your project excellent support throughout the cutting process
- Single locking cam – Provides a very low sliding resistance to keep your wood secure
- May need tweaking – You may need to adjust some screws for it to fit your saw
Other Table Saw Fences to Consider
3 | Dewalt DW745 Table Saw Replacement Fence Assembly
Compatible with a table saw measuring 10-inches, the Dewalt DW745 Saw Replacement Fence Assembly aligns a piece of wood parallel to the saw blade resulting in user-centric cuts with every stroke.
You should always check if your table saw’s brand and size can fit a table saw fence. The last thing you want is to set everything up, only to find the fence is too large or small to align any cuts from your table saw. If the Dewalt DW745 fence assembly doesn’t perfectly fit your table saw, you can purchase further replacements to fit each appliance correctly.
Made with durable and sturdy aluminum, this table saw fence should be long-lasting and withstand wear and tear over the years. However, be careful when using the ends of the fence clamp as these are susceptible to breaking during operation.
- Fits perfectly with a Dewalt DW745 saw model – Best to use with this saw model to achieve pristine and correct straight cuts
- Durable – An aluminum construction provides durability for long-lasting use with wear-resistant qualities
- Affordable – Cheaper than many on the market to save you money
- Plastic components can be a little weak – Some plastic parts of the fence are prone to breakage
4 | CARTER MAGFENCE II Universal Magnetic Fence
The Carter Magfence II Universal Magnetic Fence has some unique features and properties that help it stand out as a reliable product. It is compatible with all makes and models of table saw as long as it has a table constructed out of ferrous metal.
Measuring 16-inches in length and 3.5-inches tall, you will be able to work on well-sized projects using this fence. Made from aluminum, the Carter Magfence is durable and strong enough to support heavier pieces of wood.
Sometimes, it is necessary to adjust pieces of wood quickly to get the desired result. If this isn’t possible, you may end up wasting pieces of wood and prolonging your project’s time. This isn’t a problem with the Carter Magfence.
We loved the powerful magnets that come attached to this fence which can be switched if you want to make precise adjustments quickly and easily for supremely accurate cuts.
- Compatible with any model – This can be used with any brand or model of table saw that has a table made out of ferrous metal
- Easily adjustable – Quick and simple adjustments when required
- Easy to use – The lack of brackets and mounts in this fence makes it easy to set up and operate
- Not always square – May require some adjustment to get it perfectly square at first
5 | Wixey WR700 Table Saw Digital Fence
Providing excellent accuracy and a solid build, the Wixey WR700 Table Saw Digital Fence is a distinctive model. The fact that it is a digital machine already helps it stand out from manual fences. Your cuts will always be precise with the features included in this product.
Using a miter, this table saw fence has a scale and digital unit to measure the distance between the fence and the blade with an incredible accuracy of 0.002-feet. This results in the most perfect straight edges you could ever dream of.
You can move the Wixey fence to your preferred position and lock it down to display a reading before cutting. Positioning the fence is pleasingly easy thanks to its incredible accuracy. This machine takes away the guesswork of how accurate you are and leaves you with the confidence to cut perfectly straight edges.
- Simple mounting brackets – This makes it easy to attach almost all rectangular or round rail
- Easy to read displays – Large displays for you to easily read and ensure your cutting measurements are precise
- Magnetic attachments – Allows for easier removal and maintenance of calibration
- Confusing installation process – Due to its digital state, it can take some time to understand how to install the fence correctly
6 | Delta 78-919BT2 Biesemeyer Fence
Whether you look at woodworking as a job or a hobby, the Delta Biesemeyer Fence system can provide all you need for your wood cutting needs. Creating intricate designs and wood structures is something many of us love to do and a good-quality table saw will make this easier to achieve as well as more enjoyable. This is exactly what the Biesemeyer fence offers with a superb design and useful features.
This fence has a simple yet very effective design that glides smoothly across the table for perfect results. Its three-point lock system is very easy to use ensuring your wood is securely and safely in place for cutting. This means you get accurate measurements every time which is further enhanced by the fence’s hairline pointer.
There has been a lot of focus put on the accuracy of the Delta Biesemeyer fence. After a thorough testing process under feeler gauges that are as thin as 0.001-inches, this comes out with outstanding accuracy results and attention to detail.
- Compatible with several saws – Able to use this fence with a range of saws for accurate cutting results
- Easy to read measurements – Makes it easier to know the correct measurements when cutting wood
- Secure locking system – Keeps pieces of wood locked in place for added safety and security
- Plastic parts are not very durable – Have a tendency to become damaged and break after heavy use
7 | Shop Fox W1720 Aluma-Classic Fence with Long Rails
If you are looking for a table saw fence with an array of fantastic features, look no further than the Shop Fox W1720 model. Included is a self-adhesive measuring tape so you can position the fence with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
It is important to get the most accurate cuts possible with DIY projects as one little misjudgment can ruin the whole project. This W1720 model has widely spaced adjustment points for a very precise set up so you shouldn’t make any mistakes ever again. Also included is a cam lever to lock the front mechanism and torsion box design. This allows the fence to fit just about every table saw.
Its heavy-duty locking lever ensures there is no movement when you set the fence to the desired position. You won’t have to worry about any deflection while guiding the wood ever again with the W1720 fence.
- Includes long rails – 79-inch rails provide a cutting capacity of 50-inches maximum rip to the right of nearly all table saw blades
- Self-adhesive measuring tape – Allows you to position the fence with excellent precision
- Highly durable – A steel and aluminum fence body construction provides strength for heavier projects and long-lasting use
- Sometimes posted with missing rails – Some customers have reported that it doesn’t always arrive as advertised with some rails missing
8 | Shop Fox W2006 Classic Fence
Here we have another offering from the highly reputable brand Shop Fox. The W2006 Classic Fence has a large rip capacity of 54-inches meaning you can work with longer pieces of wood for larger projects.
This fence is quite versatile and is compatible with the most well-known table saw brands but installation may be a little difficult with non-major brands as you may need to drill some holes for the correct fitting. A self-adhesive scale with a magnified cursor means that the W2006 fence offers supremely precise fence adjustments.
The handle on this fence is very long and easily adjustable along with added support from sturdy legs attached to the fence’s railings to keep your project secure and unmoved throughout the cutting process.
- Solid build – Made for long-lasting use with heavier materials
- Large rip capacity – Allows you to work with larger pieces of wood
- Easy to install – Fits most major table saws with an easy set u so you can get cutting quickly
- Expensive – Pricier than many on the market
- No micro-adjustments – Unable to adjust this slightly if required so it can be harder to get the most precise cutting results every time
9 | CARTER F-A-S-T Fence Alignment Tool
Many bandsaw blades can change their angles as much as 18-degrees depending on their location on the top or bottom wheel. This means many fences can be around ¾-inches out of square. Carter’s F-A-S-T Fence Alignment Tool ensures that your measurements are spot on each time.
This fence has an easy magnetic design so you can place it on the table saw blade before determining whether you have hit the sweet spot for the most accurate cut. With different measuring bars, the F-A-S-T Fence Alignment Tool aligns the fence square precisely to the blade as was the exact distance between the blade and fence. Therefore, your misaligned cutting days will be over for good!
Many tables saw fences can be a nightmare to store but this model comes with an adhesive-backed foam drawer insert so you can easily store it in an organized manner. Also, its magnetic nature means that its F-A-S-T bars attach directly to your saw for the simplest access and wider cuts.
- Includes different sized bars – Measuring ⅛-inch, 3/16-inch, ¼-inch, ⅜-inch, and ½-inch, these ensure your measurements are precise for every cut
- Magnetic bars – These attach to each other so you can setup wider cuts
- Ideal for setting router bit depth – Helps you cut certain depths of wood easily
- Easily scratched – Without careful use, the finish on the fence can easily become damaged and peel off
10 | Shop Fox W1716 Aluma-Classic Fence with Standard Rails
If you’re in the market for a fence system with a long lifespan and performs well every time. The Shop Fox W1716 Aluma-Classic Fence is a great choice. You are guaranteed reliability and utmost safety with this robust fence with quality-control features.
This fence will always stay in position thanks to its cam-lever locking system. This means you can use your table saw in the confidence that the fence will stay in place throughout. The W1716 fence system comes with an adjustable magnified cursor for precise measurements as well as a measuring tape. This tape is built on the fence to give you better visibility of the metric scales which are colored in black and yellow for increased visibility.
If you’re looking for durability and precise cuts, this fence could be the one for you. Its aluminum and steel construction is rigid and solid for prolonged heavy use. You can achieve a cutting capacity of up to 57-inches thanks to a 30-inch rip capacity so you don’t have to put off those bigger projects anymore.
- Fits a range of saws – Able to use this fence with a variety of saws but check if yours is compatible before purchasing
- Highly reliable – Will help you cut accurate and precise straight edges every time
- Wide right-angle design – This provides improved accuracy and support for your cutting needs
- Large in size – May be too large for some systems
- Lack of accessories – While many fences come with a range of accessories to help you in your cutting process, this lacks additional parts
Table Saw Fence Buyer’s Guide
As you can see above, there are many tables saw fences that come in a variety of shapes and sizes. The good news is that you will only need one good-quality fence to work with every table saw you may have in your workshop.
It is important to consider a range of factors before investing in a table saw fence so you can reduce the time spent for re-cutting wood and limit costs for future projects. Let’s take a look at the most important aspects to consider below.
Table Saw Fence Weight
This is one of the most important factors to consider when investing in a new table saw fence. The fence should be of minimal weight when placed on a table but still, have a strong build quality.
Fences that weigh more than 40-pounds will require a very strong table to support them. The table could easily break or be more unstable if it can’t withstand the fence’s weight or could become scratched easily.
We all have a budget. One table saw fence may be ideal for someone else but not for you, no matter the price. Of course, on the whole, the more expensive a fence is, the better quality it will be.
However, there is some exceptional table saw fences in all price ranges (as you can see in our list above). When considering the price, you should consider the durability of the product too.
Even if the fence is cheaper, if it won’t last as long as a costlier model, you will just end up spending more in the long run on replacement parts or repairs.
Table Saw Fence Installation
There are many ways of installing table saw fences. These methods usually depend on the manufacturer and can be an easy or difficult process. Those that are over-complicated can be frustrating and not very enjoyable to install.
Some require you to drill holes into the rail system for your table saw to line up properly. Different fences are made for a range of table saws so always check the advertising first to see if the fence is compatible with your saw. This could save time and money.
Fence Rip Capacity
You should consider what size lumber or plywood you may be using and if it is compatible with the table saw fence’s rip capacity. The larger the capacity, the bigger the lumber can be.
That said, you may not need a large rip capacity at this moment but it is more than likely you will require one at some point in the future. This may mean you will have to buy another fence costing you more money down the line.
The main goal of a table saw fence is to help you and our saw achieve better accuracy when cutting. Always check if a fence allows for micro-adjustments for the most precise cuts.
Table Saw Size
Table saws come in all shapes and sizes, just like fences. Some are versatile and can fit every fence size while others may require adjustments. Always ensure what saw size fits a particular fence the best. While some table saws can fit with fences as small as 27-inches, others need at least 42-inches.
Table Saw Fence Accessories
Different table saw fences come with additional accessories. You should check to see if a fence has all the accessories you need and, if it does come with added parts, consider whether you will use these at all. There is no point in spending extra on accessories you’ll never use.
What Side Should Table a Saw Fence Be On?
A question that often comes up is what side should the table fence be on when using your table saw?
As a general rule, the side of the table saw fence should be at the side of your dominant hand. In other words, If you’re right-handed, the fence should be on the right side of the blade. Left-handed operators should stand on the right of the edge with the fence to the left of them. Being in the right position makes the blade more visible and helps ensure you don’t make any wrong cuts.
Amazon Affiliates Disclaimer.
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. We are compensated for referring traffic and business to Amazon and other companies linked to on this site. Some of our links are affiliate links. We make a small commission if you use these links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. It is important to do your own research to find what works best for you.