Check out all of our Free DXF Files we offer for download at no cost to you. We were in the Metal Fabrication business for years and mainly used our plasma cutter for production parts. Still, we found time to design our own CNC plasma table projects (as well as designing and building all types of our own Metal Fabrication equipment).
Here is the current list of custom-designed Free Files we currently offer at no charge.
14 Free DXF Files for CNC Plasma Cutting
- Hot Rod Parking Only Mustang
- Hot Rod Parking Only Cadillac
- Religious Fisher of Men
- Warning Home Protected By Wireless Device
- Free Idiot Test $5
- Frankenstein DXF
- Frankenstein Happy Halloween
- Free Merry Christmas DXF
- Night Cap Sign (Great For Backlighting)
- Exceeding Limits of My Medication
- No Peein’ Off The Porch
- No Peein’ Off Deck
- Soup of the day
- BONUS – Free Merry Christmas Files — Separate Download
Don’t forget to bookmark this page and stop back often because we will be adding to our Free CNC DXF downloads on a regular basis.
|Check out our Plasma Cutter Projects for Profit Here.||Need a plasma cutter? Take a look at these budget plasma cutters.|
If you like these types of post please check out our Plasma Cutter Projects for Profit Here.
Instant Free DXF download access after #10.
1. ** New ** Free Compass DXF File
Approximate cut size – 18 inches tall.
Designed for easy cutting, great item to sell to your customer base for both outside and inside.
Click download to get it NOW! Or scroll down the page to download ALL 13!
2. Mustang Hot Rod Parking Only Design
Approximate cut size – 30 inches tall.
One of kind original art makes a great seller to car enthusiasts for game rooms, businesses, garages and more.
3. Vintage Cadillac Hot Rod Parking Only
Cut size approximately 30 inches tall. (Same as the Mustang)
These could also have a stake mounted to them or mounted on a post for outside use.
4. Fisher of Men Religious Sign DXF Art
Designed to cut – 24 “ w x 15 “ h
People love Religious signs and sayings for hanging on the wall. This is a simple design, easy to cut out with Cross and Fish symbol.
5. Warning Home Protected CNC Design
Designed for a minimum cut size of 12″ w x 8″ h
The sign has a simple design but is very popular among many. Because of the simple design and smaller size its easy to cut out and the price is right for cutting and selling a lot of these.
6. Free Idiot Test $5 Plasma Cut Design
Designed for cutting 15″ w x 5″ h
Another simple but popular design that won’t break your bank or your customers if you are creating and selling these. Popular and funny for either home or business decor.
7. Frankenstein CNC Plasma Design
Realistic Frankenstein Bust with text.
16.5″ w x 20″ h Cut Size.
Includes a DXF Outline for cutting out a background which makes a great backlit sign if you wanted.
8. Happy Halloween Frankenstein Design
The same Frankenstein design but with different Happy Halloween text. Also has the same DXF background.
Same Cut Size of 16.5″ w x 20″ h
9. Merry Christmas DXF
Designed for cutting 24″ w x 14″ h. Fun script style lettering design that looks great for Christmastime!
10. Night Cap Bar or Game Room CNC Design
Overall cut size of 9“ w x 16” h
This one could easily be backlit with these inexpensive LED lights (from Amazon)
11. Rx Exceed Limits of My Medication Design
17” w x 14” h Cut Size
Another humorous design that everyone can appreciate. Great for business, home office, or anywhere else for people to see and get a laugh from.
Enter your best email address to receive them all with updates and discounts on new Free DXF files and other CNC Plasma Designs.
12. No Peein’ Off The Porch Funny Design
Overall cut size = 17″ w x 8.5″ h
One of those funny signs and sayings people like to post for a good laugh, there is always a comedian in the crowd and this is a perfect gift for them
13. No Peein’ Off Deck Funny Design 2
Same size as previous = 17″ w x 8.5″ h
Its almost the same but what if you have a deck? Now you can let the customer pick their style.
14. Soup Of The Day Free DXF Download
Overall height designed to cut at 16 inches
Great for bars, game rooms and more. Cut a solid back piece and light it up with some simple LED lights like this Amazon LED strip here with switch, cut it to size.
15. FREE Christmas CNC DXF Files Download
Designed to cut out approximately 16 inches wide. Includes FREE DXF & SVG of Merry Christmas Files With and Without Holly!
Christmas CNC DXF Files Plus Soup of the Day Instant download – By Clicking This Link Here!
Our Free CNC Plasma DXF Designs
When we first got into DXF design, we noticed one truth. That is that it can be difficult to find decent, unique one of a kind different completed files. I mean, converting line art into a DXF file isn’t the most difficult task, but if you aren’t an artist or a mechanical CAD designer (or have limited time and human resources), finding quality art in the first place can be a real challenge.
Here at Gizmo Plans, we wanted to help you out by giving you some unique custom designs for free. These designs can be cut and sold as is or incorporated into other projects.
Be sure to share photos of your completed plasma cut projects by contacting us so we can post them in our photo gallery here to inspire others. We will even link back to you if you want to give your shop some exposure.
Before you start working with our Free CNC Plasma Downloads, we want to make sure you have the best possible experience with these designs. Why? Because we were hoping you could come back and let others know where they can download their own set, too. Here are a few tips we have to make sure your enjoyment of the free designs is at a maximum.
Perfecting Your CNC Plasma Cam for DXF Cut Files
1. Understand you should have two files, one for viewing and one for the machine to use to cut. The first is a file to see what the design is, usually in the form of a .jpg or .png image file. The other file, a .dxf file, will be used by your CNC machine to cut the piece. It may sound basic for many of you, but if you are new to CNC Plasma cutting learning everything for the first time can be overwhelming. We are here to help everyone!
2. You can use a program like Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator to edit the existing design (if you’re up for the artistic side of adding to or editing the design). These programs are quite different, but both can accomplish the same task. Adobe comes with a hefty monthly fee but is all-encompassing when it comes to a graphic illustration software suite. Inkscape can be downloaded for free but is much more limiting. If your only goal is to create 2D line art, then Inkscape should suit you just fine.
3. Remember to disable tooling offset functionality or set your offset to the very minimum of .001”. You want your machine to cut the centerline (for our free files, this works just fine), and you want the code to render properly. It could ruin a bunch of setups if this setting isn’t correct. Always double check your settings before you start a project, and it will save you a lot of time and heartache.
4. When importing files for the first time, most, if not all, Cam software like Sheetcam (link) will open a window where you can select scaling – inches vs. millimeters. If any file opens up and is way too large, try closing out and re-opening/importing and selecting millimeters (or vice versa if the file is too small). Most of our files designed in inches, but there are several that were in millimeters.
5. If you are cutting with a plasma table, make sure you have good fine tip consumables like the nozzles here, for example, on Amazon, or searching eBay here where it is often overlooked for good deals. Run at a lower amperage 20-40 amp and a slower speed for the best results.
6. Make sure you have clean, dry air, often when you are busy day in and day out, the outside environment changes some, and you don’t realize environmental changes like Humidity. You must have a good inline air dryer like this air filter and dryer here on Amazon highly rated amongst plasma cutters.
For more details on perfecting your plasma cutting jobs on how to improve cleaner cuts check out our article on making clean plasma cuts here.
Here is a great video to check out to explain importing DXF files and how offsets work if you are starting to learn CNC Plasma Cutting.
What is a DXF File?
Most of you know what a DXF file is. But for those who don’t, we’ll discuss this a little further. We’ll also discuss how we design DXF files. So what exactly is a DXF file?
Files that have a .dxf extension on it are an open-source vector-based file, which is a Drawing Interchange Format or more commonly known as “Drawing Exchange Format.” Autodesk, a U.S.A. based software company, created the DXF file type in 1982 for converting .dwg files into a shareable file without having Autodesk give up their intellectual property.
What are the Advantages of Vector Graphics?
As mentioned, DXF Files are open-source, vector-based files giving different businesses/developers the ability to exchange and make use of the created files for collaboration. So what are vector-based files in the first place and what are the advantages?
The advantages of vector graphics and files are they can be scaled up or down in size without losing quality or being distorted. Furthermore, they don’t use much data or disk space and they can be opened by a number of different software platforms.
What Software will open DXF Files?
Here are just a few differ types of software that will allow you to open and edit .dxf files:
- Fusion 360